A 3 day Health Exhibition was held on the occasion of 11th foundation day of Bharat Sevashram Sangha Hospital to arouse health awareness among general public from 15th to 17th April 2019.
The Health exhibition will be conducted by distinguished doctors and medical professionals who educated the public on various aspects of health, fitness, prevention of diseases and lifestyle improvements.
Being indifferent or negligent to our health may definitely cause illness which may end to the costly cure and perhaps, sometimes impossible to get normal health. So, we should take all the preventive measures before spreading of diseases. The general public and students from schools and colleges were made aware of preventive measures are like drinking clean water, eating healthy diet at right time, washing hands with soap before and after taking food etc. They were also educated for the prevention of many deadly diseases like Aids, dengue, heart diseases etc.
Hands on training was also provided for handling crisis situations like providing basic life support to anyone who is experiencing cardiac arrest, respiratory distress or an obstructed airway, handling snake bite, burn patients and the do’s and don’ts during natural disasters.
Main topics covered in the exhibition:-
- All facts about diabetes, treatment and prevention
- Advice on Cancer and it’s prevention by renowned oncologist
- Kidney disease prevention and renal diet
- Pollution and its effects
- Glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy
- Tooth and oral cancer
- Anatomy of Ear and prevention of discharge from ear
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases – AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea
- Healthy diet and food adulteration
- Orthopedic diseases, Arthritis, Joint Replacement etc.
- Causes of stress and tension, their effect on health and how to reduce them
- Mother and child health
- First Aid management
- Disaster management
- Benefits of drinking water
Following Free health checkups and Diagnostic testing were done for hundreds of patients:-
- Bone Densitometry test
- Blood sugar and blood grouping
- Automated Urine test
- Eye Glucoma checkup
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry eye test
- Dental Checkup
- Tooth sensitivity test
- Blood pressure
- Pulmonary function test